DUTCHESS COUNTY TRI/DUATHLON
Sunday, August 17, 2014
Wilcox Park, Stanfordville, Dutchess County, NY
TRI: Swim-1/4 mi. Bike-12 mi. Run-2.5 mi.
DU: Run-1 mi. Bike-12 mi. Run-2.5 mi.
Triathlon: $70 before 6/18, $80 from 6/19 - 7/18, $90 from 7/18 - 8/17, $100 Race Day*
Duathlon: $55 before 6/18, $65 from 6/19 - 7/18, $75 from 7/18 - 8/17, $80 Race Day*
No T-shirts to race day entries!
This event is sanctioned by USA Triathlon. To become an annual member go to www.USATriathlon.org. If you choose to purchase one day membership at a cost of $12 you may do so as part of the entry fee registration process.
ABSOLUTELY NO PARTS OF ENTRY FEES WILL BE REFUNDED, TRANSFERRED OR CREDITED.
FIELD: First 500 competitors (tri and du combined).
AWARDS: Tri : 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall and in 5-year age groups from 18 to 70+.
Du: 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall and in 10-year age groups from 18 to 60+.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
The following rules and regulations are designed for your personal safety and enjoyment. Failure to comply with these rules will result in penalties and/or disqualification.
· Race management has authority to change race course and format, check-in and start times.
· No entrants under 18 years of age.
· It is the contestant's responsibility to be familiar with and follow the race course.
· It is prohibited to sell your race number or for someone to compete in your place.
· Contestants must follow the directions of race officials who have ultimate and final authority to remove contestants who violate race rules.
· Friends, family or assistants may not bike or run alongside a contestant and should be warned to stay clear of contestants.
· Contestants are not allowed to wear headphones, earphones or any other sound device that impairs normal hearing!
IMPORTANT: NO NUMBERS WILL BE ISSUED WITHOUT PHOTO ID! .You must know your race number before getting in line for race packet pick up. Competitors will be sent an email 5-6 days prior to the event with their bib number and updated race information.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
PRE-RACE DAY - Saturday - Wheel And Heel Bicycle Store, 2658 E. Main Street (Rte. 9D), Wappingers Falls, NY 12590, Tel: 845-632-3050.ilcox Park
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm - Packet pick up (optional) for pre-registered.. New entries accepted.
RACE DAY - Sunday - Wilcox Park (off Taconic State Parkway at Rte. 199).
6:15-7:30 a.m. - Check-in. New entries accepted. Pick up race bag, timing chip, swim cap, swimmers get numbered, No race packets saved after 7:30 am!
7:45 a.m. - Final race instructions (mandatory)
8:00 a.m. - Race Start (rain or shine).
10:15 a.m. - Course closes, Post race buffet, Awards presentation
VOLUNTEERS: Is there someone you know who'd be willing to volunteer while your competing? Call Deb Lewis at 845-632-3050 at Wheel and Heel Bike Shop or email email@example.com . Volunteers will receive a souvenir T-shirt and our sincere thanks!
- The transition area will be set up adjacent to the lake in Wilcox Park.
- Entry to the transition area is restricted to competitors with race numbers ONLY!.
- Please request family members and friends not to accompany you in the transition area.
- Bicycles must be placed on assigned bike racks.
- Bikes on wrong racks will be removed from the transition area.
- All competitors must be OUTSIDE the transition area before the first wave goes off!
- The 1/4 mile swim will be around two large orange buoys that will be set up in a triangular configuration. After completing the swim, competitors will run along the path that leads to the transition area.
- Swimmers may leave aqua socks or shoes near the beach for the run back to the transition area (approx. 100 yards).
- The swim will be in waves of 50 competitors at 3 minute intervals.
- Competitors must wear the official swim cap provided at check-in.
- Competitors will have their LEFT shoulder marked with their bib number.
-You will receive a 2 minute penalty if you need to rest and hold on to a buoy or buoy line, row boat, surfboard or any other water safety vessel.
- You must notify a race official IMMEDIATELY if you do not complete the swim.
- Wet suits are allowed.
The bike course exits Wilcox Park and turns right (east) on Route 199 for 2 miles to Hicks Hill Road. Turn right on Hicks Hill Road and bike 4 miles to South road/Rte. 53. Make sharp right turn and continue on South Road to Rte. 199. Make right at Rte. 199 and continue (eastbound) on Rte. 199 and the sharp right in to Wilcox Park abd back to transition area.
- Each contestant is responsible to know and stay on the course at all times. If you are uncertain of the course, review the course map BEFORE the race.
- Each contestant is individually responsible for repair and maintenance of their bike.
· Contestants must follow instructions of race officials and public authorities and must obey all traffic laws.
DRAFTING RULES: You must maintain a distance of three bike lengths from the bike in front of you! You may not be closer than this distance for any period exceeding 15 seconds. If you are, you will be assessed a TWO minute penalty for each successive violation. Riding alongside another biker will also result in a 2 minute penalty.
RUN COURSE:The run course is on the paved roads and paths entirely within Wilcox Park. The run statrts and ends in the parking lot next to the transition area. Run up the hill from the lake and take the first right which will take you to the main entrance/exit road to the Park (Stop sign, 0.6 miles). Make a left and follow road back to Girl Scout Trail gate (1.0 mi.). Continue to Knob Hill Road and run to the right for 0.6 miles until run U-turn and water table. Turn and follow arrow/cones back to finish line.
NOTE: All turns on the run are marked by a series (6-8) small orange cones on the right shoulder and by a larger (lime) green cone with a directional arrow attached. You must follow these cones at all times to stay on the course..
WATER STATIONS: There will be two water stops on the 3 mile run:
1. Exit of the transition area. 2. 1.5 miles from transition (run turn)
POST-RACE: Award winners must be present at the post-race awards ceremony to claim their prize. Refreshments are for competitors only and are not provided for friends and family members. When entering the buffet line, identify yourself as a competitor by wearing your race number.
RACE NUMBERS/ELECTRONIC TIMING:
On the morning of the race, you will pick up an electronic timing chip that corresponds to your assigned bib number. This chip must be attached with a velcro strap to your ankle.and must remain attached throughout the entire event.
You cannot use any chip other than the one that is assigned to you on the morning of the race.
Immediately after you cross the finish line you must remove the chip and drop it in the collection bin at the end of the timing chute.
If you lose your chip during the race or fail to turn it in after you cross the finish line, you will be charged $100 for the lost chip. If you paid for the race using a credit card, your card will be charged automatically. Others will be sent an invoice.
Your bib number must be attached to the FRONT of your shirt (or race belt) during the entire race .
The 2-sided vinyl (adhesive-backed) bike frame number must be attached to the front of the top tube of your bicycle and may not be removed until you lexit the transition area.
Check the label affixed to your bib number for correct information regarding your name, age, sex and category.
Notify officials prior to the race of any mistakes!=================================================
RESULTS: Results will be posted on the NYT web site www.NYTRI.org
PARKING: All competitors must park in the designated parking areas.
Do not park on the road 1.5 mile road leading in/out of Wilcox Park!
* No vehicles will be allowed IN to Wilcox Park after 7:45 am on race day!
* Vehicles will not be allowed to leave the parking area in Wilcox Park until 9:45 am.
* Park in designated areas only and observe directions of parking attendants.
HOW TO GET THERE:
From Taconic Parkway, (north or south): Exit at sign for Rte. 199, Pine Plains, Red Hook and get on Rte. 199 towards Pine Plain (eastbound). Go 1.5 miles to Wilcox Park entrance on right side.
From NY Thruway (north or south): - Take exit 19 (Kingston) and follow signs to Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge. Go over bridge and make left at second Traffic light (Route 9G). Go 2 miles to next traffic light and make right on Route 199 towards Red Hook. Go straight through traffic light in Red Hook and stay on Route 199 till you arrive at Wilcox Park on right (1.5 miles past the Taconic Parkway).
For accomodation information go to www.rhinebeckchamber.com .
RACE VIOLATIONS & PENALTIES
2 Minute Penalties
- Riding bicycle anywhere within transition area.
- Bicycle not on assigned bike rack.
- Each drafting or "side-by-side" riding violation
- Riding without an approved biking helmet.
- Wearing headphones, earphones, ipods during any portion of race.
HAVE A SAFE AND FUN RACE!