Well organized, safe and enjoyable multi-sport events require a large number of volunteers. To keep entry fees to a minimum, we rely on competitors, their friends and families, to volunteer at our events.
You can get a free race by volunteering help at one of our events listed below (does not apply to NYTRI members). Volunteers must show up 90 minutes before the start of the race, work throughout the event and stay until after clean-up.
Please call New York Triathlon at 845-247-0271 to let us know in advance.
NOTE: ONLY the races listed below are included in the "Volunteer Free Race" program for 2015.
- MARCH MADNESS DUATHLON - Central Park - March 29
- BROOKLYN DUATHLON - Prospect Park - April 12
- BRONX DUATHLON- Orchard Beach - April 26
- TROOPER DUATHLON - May 3
- NY TRI/DUATHLON SERIES #1 - Harriman State Park - May 17
- POLICE TRI/DUATHLON - June 21
- HUDSON VALLEY TRI/DUATHLON - Kingston, Ulster County - July 12
- NY TRI/DUATHLON SERIES #2 - Harriman State Park - September 21
- NEW YORK CITY DUATHLON - Central Park - September 11
- CENTRAL PARK DUATHLON - Central Park - October 24
If you volunteer at one of these races (listed above), you may participate for free at one of the races AFTER the date you volunteer.
If you would like to become more involved in the management and organization of Triathlons and Duathlons and learn from the experts in this field then consider joining the NYTRI Race Management Team.
New York Triathlon is looking for persons interested in joining our Race Management Team, the most experienced multi-sport management team in the country.
You will be involved in all levels of race production and management including transition area setup and security, course preparation, spectator control, registration procedures, finish line supervision, timing, hazard recognition, course marking, safety assurance, medical contingencies, and post-race race activities.
- No previous multi-sport management experience is neccessary.
- We provide all necessary and specific training.
- You must commit to work at a minimum of 6 events during the season.
- Access to a vehicle (to drive to events) on weekends is required
Check our Events page for our complete 2015 list of events.
The reimbursement for a few hours of work on the day of the event is between $100 - $150 and depends on your performance and experience.
Call at 845-247-0271 for details.